Monday, January 2, 2012

Journal Entry 3

December 31, 2011

The plan; Getting a hotel, going to a club and spending time with that special someone for the new year. What actually happened, I had to work my whole winter break including New Years Eve and day and that special person never showed up. My New Years Eve was the worst but I don’t blame anyone but myself. Sometimes I try to give other people the benefit of the doubt to make plans but they never come through. I truly believe that if I want something done I have to do it myself. I am the only one I can depend on.  After work and feeling sorry for myself, because everyone else had plans and I didn’t, I went home and rented some movies. I figured since I don’t have any cable I would set my alarm for 11:58 pm and wait until 12 midnight. I sat in the dark watching movies feeling like it was just another night at the house with nothing to do and nowhere to go. Just like Christmas it didn’t seem real, the holidays don’t have that same effect like they once did. It was getting closer to the time and all of a sudden my phone started going crazy with text messages of everyone wishing me a happy new year and what was I doing for the night. I was so down in the dumps that I didn’t even feel like answering anyone. By the time midnight came, I said happy New Years to myself, watched the rest of the movies and ended up falling asleep. Whoever said that the holidays meant happy time for everyone?

2 comments:

  1. This is almost the same thing that happened to besides going to the club to find that special someone. LoL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand what you are going through. I didn't get to see my special someone on New Year's day and I also think if i would've taken more initiative on my part I could've avoided that. The good news is that you have a solution for next time.

    ReplyDelete