Monday, January 2, 2012

Journal Entry 1


December 25, 2011
The plan, Open presents, eat breakfast with mom and brother, go to church and then final stop to San Bruno to open more presents and eat more food. Plans sometimes never go as planned. I woke on Christmas day thinking I would spend time with love ones and being able to relax. Instead my time was spent on a schedule which only a few things went into play. This Christmas wasn’t the same for one; it was as if this Christmas didn’t exist, as if it wasn’t really real to begin with. With these certain feelings I just pushed them aside for the moment and enjoy what I could from the day. I did enjoy breakfast and opened gifts that we could afford to give each other, to my mother and brother. After rushing Jkhari, the little rug rat, that morning we made it to church at 12:00pm thinking that was until had at least an hour to praise the Lord on his birthday and celebrate with people I have known for years. Unfortunately the plan changed, and very disappointed I was. Usually church starts at 11 am, but since I haven’t been to church in awhile I guess I didn’t get the memo that both services were combined for today and was already over by the time we got there. I couldn’t believe it, I actually felt like I failed someone for not getting to church that morning. Like my great grandmother used to say, it doesn’t matter if you come late to church, as long as you come before the preacher man says amen. Well I got there real late that the “preacher man” wasn’t even there when I got there. I and my brother ended up meeting up with other family earlier than scheduled and headed to San Bruno where we ate more food and open presents. Since I came with other people I only was able to see some people for about five minutes and arrived home around eight o’clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment