Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Blog_14 Internship Readiness

While at Year Up, I believe my first instinct going into my internship I will automatically show my true kindness, a smile and my eagerness to get work.  Even though I have the traits of a hard worker naturally, I want to be able to develop the skill by automatically being confident with tasks given, asking the right questions in the beginning and making sure to understand the task before taking them on. I want to make sure I don’t volunteer for everything and know I won’t get looked down upon if I am unable to tackle a task. While in my internship I want to be in an environment where I’m equally capable of completing task and going beyond to make sure the task is done at every level possible. I want to be able to stand out by volunteering for tasks no one wants to do and giving productive suggestions that the company will be able to use for future reference. When it comes to my future manager, I want them to be able to be available, organized, and clear with the tasks that are given. At this moment my current job consists of a manager that is unavailable during my shifts. Questions and communication are unclear, so I am unable to refer to anyone. I try to take initiative and make the best out of situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment