Monday, January 2, 2012

Journal Entry 2

December 29, 2011
This is the day that i had to neither go to school or work. To me the world didn’t exist and sleep was my best friend. Even though I wish I had bigger plans for the break it was great to have the option to sleep all day if I wanted to and not care about nothing. The plan; to sleep until I couldn’t any longer, do my homework, and wash my hair. Unfortunately things changed, I received a call I never thought I would get, because I found myself rushing to the hospital to see about someone. That morning my mother went to work as any other day. She arrived with sharp pain and was described as uncontrollably screaming in pain. My mother didn’t want to call 911, even though you are taught to do this in an emergency. For certain people when you have to choose between your health and a big fat bill, you are willing to put your health second. This is what my mother chose to do and did not call for an ambulance. A co-worker ended up taking her to the emergency room where there doctors found that a fibroid had formed and had cause real pain. Hearing all this was amazing to me and I couldn’t believe what choices she had to choose to do in order to receive help. No one should have to make those choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment