Thursday, January 5, 2012

Journal Entry_2 Revised

December 29, 2011

This is the day that I had neither go to school or work. To me the world didn’t exist and sleep was my best friend. Even though I wish I had bigger plans for the break, it was great to have the option to sleep all day if I wanted to and not care about anything. The plan was to sleep until I couldn’t any longer, do my homework, and wash my hair. Unfortunately, things changed. I received a call I never thought I would get. I found myself rushing to the hospital to see about someone. That morning my mother went to work like any other day. She arrived to work described as screaming uncontrollably with sharp pains. My mother didn’t want to call 911, even though you are taught to do this in an emergency. For certain people, when you have to choose between your health and a big fat bill, you are willing to put your health second. This is what my mother chose to do and did not call for an ambulance. A co-worker ended up taking her to the emergency room where their doctors found that a fibroid had formed and was the cause of her real pain. Hearing all this was shocking to me, and I couldn’t believe what choices she made in order to receive help. No one should have to make those choices.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't even imagine. Your mom sounds like one tough woman. I hope she experiences a smooth recovery. I think having a caring daughter will help her significantly.

    ReplyDelete