Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My experience in high school

My high school was Carlmont High School in the suburb of Belmont. The School consisted of kids from East Palo Alto and the majority was Caucasian and Asian who lived nearby. I lived in Redwood shores during high school.  My school had a reputation of being the school that was a women’s prison. The whole school is on a hill, has many stairs and three fields for multiple sporting events. Everyone was always separate, their own clicks, and it was usually by color. We had different cultures but until I got to Carlmont I didn’t even know what Tongan and Samoan were. To me there was not a lot of school spirit but no creativity. I would say though my school had its reputation of having a lot of fights and tight security. I thought people were being dramatic but my freshman year there was a fight at least twice a week. I never really enjoyed having to going to school, I just really didn’t like sitting in class and listening to a boring lecture about something I had no interest in. The only motivation for graduating and walking across that stage was the thought of failing and ending up like my parents. People didn’t understand that I paid attention growing up, and I never forgot how I felt when we had to constantly move. I’m going to stick though this program and graduate from Year Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment